Nigerian wedding in Italy
This had been the first Nigerian (or at least partly Nigerian) wedding I had the pleasure to work on in my career and I had so much fun and had a really great time. Peggy is a gorgeous Brit lady born in Nigeria, tall and feminine, clever and funny, Alex is an even taller, a bit shy, sweet, kind, wise British man. And the combination between them is incredible in every way.
The organization of the wedding started a good overwhelming 2 years ahead to get the venue they wished and to have time to organize everything in all details while organizing also Peggy’s sister wedding, so that had been a hugely tough period for them, but still had always the time and serenity to work with me on every task with diligence and effort.
The chosen location in Tuscany was a not so famous spot compare to the more renowned Chianti, we opted for a Borgo on the mountains near Florence, a place called Poppi where good food and breathtaking panoramas are at their best.
The getting ready had started very early as the special thing of this wedding had been the double ceremony, one at the Castle and a religious blessing held at the Borgo, so everything must be started very early to fulfil the long day the couple dreamed for so long.
The makeup artist coming from London as long as the great photographer, friend of the bride since their childhood, were so nice and professional to create a very friendly and relaxed preparation mood to let the quite nervous bride to chill out a bit before the ceremony.
The Castle of Poppi, an aching Castle overlooking the valley, was the setting for the legal ceremony officiated by the City Hall and won the hearts of all the 150 guests from Nigeria and Uk with its medieval rooms and history.
After the ceremony at the Poppi Castle, we all headed back to Borgo I Tre Baroni for the second ceremony where the set up of a stunning flowered arch and the worship team band were ready to welcome all.
The aperitifs and dinner had been served in the recently renovated dining room of the venue with its fantastic immense windows to enjoy the Tuscan mountain at their best.
The huge wedding cake had been cut on the outdoor terrace and traditional Nigerian dancings along with British music delighted all of us till early hours in the morning and we all discovered a truly talented dancer in the bride!
- Chianti Elegant WeddingView Gallery
- Wedding in UmbriaView Gallery
- Certaldo weddingView Gallery
- Luxury Intimate Italian weddingView Gallery
- Scottish wedding in Tuscan villaView Gallery
- Tuscan rustic chic WeddingView Gallery
- Same Sex Boho Wedding in TuscanyView Gallery
- Four Seasons Wedding in FlorenceView Gallery
- Villa di Maiano WeddingView Gallery
- Fashion Elopement in FlorenceView Gallery
- Villa Wedding in LuccaView Gallery
- Persian Wedding in ItalyView Gallery
- Exclusive traditional Indian wedding in FlorenceView Gallery
- Elegant Castle Wedding in TuscanyView Gallery
- Wedding in Castello di VincigliataView Gallery